lunedì 1 agosto 2011

ABOUT ME


My name is Francesca Boretti. I'm Italian but I live in Switzerland since 2010.
I've always enjoyed creating, and through the years I have experimented in several crafts: papier mache', cross stitch, embroidery, mosaic, decoupage, fabric painting, polymer clay sculpture....just to name some.

In 2004 I was able to finally convince a dear friend to teach me the basics to make a jointed teddy bear. That was the beginning of a passion that I think, and hope, will fuel my creative life for many years to come.
This is my first bear ever. His name is Romeo, and he lives with me. He sits on a shelf in my work room, and observes with a kind eye as I sew new creations.
All through 2004 and 2005 I worked hard at this new found hobby. After Romeo some more bears out of other people's patterns came to life.  My main goal though was to develop my own design for a teddy bear. My learning experience was a very solitary one, as nobody in my friends circle had any knowledge or experience of the teddy bear world. Trial and error was the everyday approach, and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it, even if it meant many many errors and few results! :-)
Some of the first bears from my own original designs
In 2006 my first son Pietro was born, and my teddy bear passion was put aside in favor of intensive cross stitching and baby caring. Then in 2008 my son Fabio was born...and the teddies again waited patiently for their turn.
It finally came in 2011, and I must thank my eldest son Pietro that at five kept making all sorts of questions about the cute teddies that sat on the shelf, and "can you make me one for my birthday mummy?".

Since 2011 my technique and my designs have gone through great changes and improvement. I must say that the internet, and the possibility it gives us teddy bear makers to share ideas and seek inspiration has been  an important factor.
And here I am. I am lucky. I have two great kids, my husband supports my crafting whims... I have a great passion. When people ask me if this is a hobby or a part time job, I answer...IT IS A FULL TIME HOBBY! :-)


Pin It!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento